If you are a person who can operate a variety of farm and heavy machinery, wants access to the latest John Deere Equipment and technology, has a great attitude, team mentality and character, we want to talk to you!
Hord Grain and Land has an opening to join our present team. We currently grow corn, beans, wheat, and barley, in addition to raising pigs and cattle. Candidate must have experience operating a 24 row corn planter VRT, 32 row bean planter, and 102 degree sprayer. We are looking for a person who wants a career in grain farming and wants a year round position. We strive to use the latest technology and being familiar with John Deere operating systems would be a plus. We are looking for someone who will be dependable, has a great work ethic, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude.
- Heavily involved in planting, harvesting, and spraying
- Operate variety of farm equipment; experience operating a 24 row corn planter VRT, 32 row bean planter, and a 120′ field sprayer a plus
- Drive trucks/haul grain locally as required
- Perform daily maintenance and light repair on equipment
- Other farm duties as required
- Class A or B CDL
- Must have some experience with operating farm equipment
- Run 40′-50′ tillage equipment
- Must be familiar with new equipment featuring GPS, auto steer, and equipment monitors
- Strong agronomy background
- Availability to work full-time/year-round with extended hours during peak seasons, especially during planting and harvest
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Candidates must not currently own or have routine contact with non-Hord pigs
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Financial planning assistance
We look forward to talking to you more in depth about the opportunities with joining our team!