Shift: Days (Part-Time)
About the Role:
- You will repair, replace, remove, and/or modify sow farm structures and equipment to correct problems of a mechanical, electrical, and/or structural nature
- You assess, diagnose, and evaluate problems of a mechanical, electrical, and/or structural nature
- You perform preventative maintenance (e.g. lubrication, inspection, etc.) for sow farm structures and equipment
- You maintain work area, tools, parts, and equipment in a clean and organized manner for the purposes of safety, efficiency, and appearance
- You maintain specified housekeeping assignments, including power washing and disinfecting, in accordance with the provided housekeeping guidelines and expectations
- You carry out and understand the importance of all biosecurity procedures
- You perform other related corrective maintenance functions or duties as needed
- You assist with barn duties like feeding, watering and movement of sows and piglets as needed
Who you are:
- GED or high school diploma required
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Safety/OSHA knowledge
- Basic electrical, plumbing and mechanical experience
- Willingness and ability to work early mornings, and some weekends
- Basic welding experience
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds consecutively
- Have a passion for agriculture
- Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks around the farm
- Evidence of analytical reasoning and mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Manufacturing or farm experience preferred, but not required
About the Company:
A member of the Kalmbach Feeds family, Kalmbach Swine Management (KSM) is the leading pork producer in Ohio. We entered the industry in 1985 with the purchase of a 600 head farrow to finish operation in Circleville. Through innovative management and dedicated teamwork, we have expanded our operations to include fourteen farrow-to-wean sow units housing over 30,000 animals. Aside from our Circleville location our farms are primarily distributed throughout western Ohio from Bryan to Marysville.
We are a company whose primary focus is to maximize production and lower cost in order to produce safe, wholesome pork with an emphasis on animal welfare. To accomplish this goal, we utilize innovative management strategies, comprehensive training programs, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves as a management team which fosters an environment of integrated decision making and providing all the tools necessary to lead the industry in production and efficiency.
As we continue to grow our operation we are always looking for intelligent, hardworking, and innovative individuals who can join our team and maintain the success we have enjoyed as a company.
What you will enjoy:
- In depth onboarding, training and development programs
- Upward advancement and bonuses
- Access to company condo in Fort Meyers, Florida
- Having a flexible, part-time schedule
Kalmbach Feeds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history and references, are subject to verification.
Pre-employment drug screen (hair and urine), physical, nicotine test and criminal background check required.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.