Do you enjoy working with animals? Are you looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself? Hord Farms is looking to hire a Swine Research Technician. This key role assists in the carrying out of applied swine livestock nutritional research.
A Day In The Life
This position assists the research team in the carrying out of swine research for the HORD companies. A Swine Research Technician team member:
- Provides daily care and management of animals to ensure that: animals are properly fed and water is available, sick animals are treated properly and timely, animal conditions are evaluated and maintained, and that appropriate timely euthanasia and removal occurs when needed
- Assists in the cleaning and sanitation, care and management of resources and facilities to ensure proper function, order and maintenance
- Works with the research team on data management and collection, including tasks such as: pig weighing, tagging, observational scoring, etc.
- Frequently works alone or with limited supervision and ensures that accurate, detailed record keeping occurs
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as defined by leadership and according to SOP standards, ultimately helping take “ownership” through follow-through of processes to ensure study excellence
- Accommodates a fluctuating work schedule, ranging from 40-50 hours per week, some scheduled workweek evening activities, and includes working an every-third-weekend rotation
The ideal candidate will have the desire to work with pigs, a willingness to learn, a high level of dependability as evidenced with a solid work history, and a proven record of drive for excellence.
What You Need:
- Candidates must not currently own or have routine contact with non-Hord pigs
- Display a high level of respect to team members and animals
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, physically strenuous environment with frequent movement throughout the day, including ability to move large animals
- Impeccable record of reliability/dependability
- Willingness to learn and carry out complex instructions effectively
- Analytical skills and experience with handling large amounts of sophisticated and confidential data
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite
- Compensation starts at a minimum of $36,000/year
- Paid vacation after 6 months, personal days, and holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Financial planning assistance
- Recruitment bonus
We look forward to talking to you more in depth about the opportunities at HORD!