Global industry leading swine producer, seeking livestock enthusiast to join our team!
Shift: Days – Full-Time
About the Role:
- You assist with feeding, watering and movement of sows and piglets
- You maintain specified housekeeping assignments, including power washing and disinfecting, in accordance with the provided housekeeping guidelines and expectations
- You carry out and understand the importance of all biosecurity procedures
- You keep accurate record keeping for breeding and farrowing of sows within a timely and accurate manner
- You perform vaccinations and identify/provide medical treatment to maintain the health of sows
- You process, treat, castrate and wean piglets
- You artificially inseminate and heat check sows
- You perform other job duties assigned that are found to be necessary
Who You Are:
- GED or high school diploma preferred
- Committed to ensure the best practices of animal care are performed on a daily basis
- Written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work early mornings, and some weekends
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds consecutively
- Have a passion for agriculture
- Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks around the farm
- Evidence of analytical reasoning and mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Manufacturing or farm experience preferred, but not required
About the Company:
A member of the Kalmbach Feeds family, Kalmbach Swine Management (KSM) is the leading pork producer in Ohio. We entered the industry in 1985 with the purchase of a 600 head farrow to finish operation in Circleville. Through innovative management and dedicated teamwork, we have expanded our operations to include fourteen farrow-to-wean sow units housing over 30,000 animals. Aside from our Circleville location our farms are primarily distributed throughout western Ohio from Bryan to Marysville.
We are a company whose primary focus is to maximize production and lower cost in order to produce safe, wholesome pork with an emphasis on animal welfare. To accomplish this goal, we utilize innovative management strategies, comprehensive training programs, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves as a management team which fosters an environment of integrated decision making and providing all the tools necessary to lead the industry in production and efficiency.
As we continue to grow our operation we are always looking for intelligent, hardworking, and innovative individuals who can join our team and maintain the success we have enjoyed as a company.
What you will enjoy:
- Hourly compensation starting at $14.50
- Pay increase within the first 90 days
- In depth onboarding, training and development programs
- Upward advancement and career growth
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans available after waiting period
- 401K with company match after waiting period
- Accrue up to 3 weeks paid time off in first year
- Access to company condo in Fort Meyers, Florida
- Compensation increase after successful completion of training programs
- Team Member referral program
Kalmbach Feeds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history and references, are subject to verification.
Pre-employment drug screen (hair and urine), physical, nicotine test and criminal background check required.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.