What if you got to go to work every day to produce a quality nutritious product that feeds not only your friends and family, but millions of people around the world? Are you looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself? Does working in an extended family-like atmosphere sound appealing to you? If that sounds like an opportunity that you don’t want to pass you by, we want to talk to you!
Who We Are:
The HORD team, nationally known for our world class pig production, is currently looking for individuals to add to our production team (both full time and part time interest accepted). These positions offer full training, opportunities for promotion and encompasses all aspects of animal care. No prior experience is needed.
A Day In The Life:
This key, entry-level position, is responsible for the daily care, health, and maintenance of all sows and piglets to assure optimum productivity. This person will work indoors in a climate-controlled environment and assist where needed working with animals and perform light facility repair and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have the desire to work with pigs, a willingness to learn, a high level of dependability as evidenced with a solid work history, and a proven record of drive for excellence.
What You Need:
- Candidates must not currently own or have routine contact with swine.
- Desire and ability to work in a physically strenuous environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable record of reliability/dependability
- Display a high level of respect to team members and animals
- Willingness to learn and carry out complex instructions effectively
- Prior agricultural experience preferred, but not required
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Production Bonus
- Paid vacation after 6 months, personal days, and holidays
- FREE Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance the month following 30 days of employment (for base plan team member coverage)
- 401k with company match
- Financial planning assistance
- Recruitment bonus
We look forward to talking to you more in depth about the opportunities at HORD!