Spend the summer learning and earning with Hord Farms!
Are you currently a high school student with an interest in agriculture, who is looking for a summer job? Hord Family Farms offers an opportunity for high-school students to mirror the work of our pig production specialists while providing additional opportunities that give you a broader perspective of state-of-the-art swine production systems. If you are passionate about swine production, organized, responsible, and an excellent communicator, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team, summer 2021!
What to Expect:
- Training on the processes and procedures at a sow farm to ensure excellent animal care, with specific exposure to:
- Sow, nursery, and grow-finish production
- Genetics and multiplication
- Sow breeding, farrowing, and optimal health strategies
- Nutrition and research
- Exposure to management training in workflow, communicating and achieving production targets, and recordkeeping requirements
- Professional and personal development opportunities to broaden your communication, interpersonal, and technical skills
What we’re looking for:
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, physically strenuous environment
- A high level of respect shown to team members and animals
- Willingness to learn and carry out complex instructions effectively
- Impeccable record of reliability/dependability
- Excellent communication
Reach out today, so we can talk more about the opportunities with Hord Farms!